Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More Snow!!!

This morning I awoke to more snow. Now this is the story. Mark is in Florida,
(the dawg), and Jim was on a road trip with Dan Gault moving trucks to Kentucky. So you guessed it, I was by myself to do my route. I got my big a--- van out of the shop to warm up, only to just about get hung up in the drive. So I decided there is no way I am taking this thing out on the road. So I put it back in and decided I had to take my mini van, but would have to make 2 trips. Now the roads were not nice at all, but my van does fairly well. All went pretty good for the first 6 guys. On the 2nd trip out just after I crossed 250, the roads were getting really slick, because it was raining on the 3-4 inches of snow we got overnight. And to make matters worse, the snow plows hadn't really paid much attention to that part of the county. Going only about 25 mph, I did started sliding and ended up going sideways one way and then the other 2 times. I was able to pull it out of slide in time before I hit the oncoming car. Wheeew!!
Needless to say I then was going about 20 mph the rest of the way. I finally got the last guys in about 7:00, (half hour late), but oh well.
When I got home I had to de-stress. No one was home to comfort me if I cried (I wanted to) so I made a cup of tea and laid back on the bed and popped in the movie Shrek 3. That was my de-stresser. It is really a cute movie, I really like the Shrek movies.
I then decided not to waste the whole day in bed, so I painted my room and then went outside to get some pictures. It was perfect for making snowmen, so I made a snow woman. scroll on down and get a look.


That's what I am talking about. A snow woman with a toud!!! Notice the legs, she is sitting down. This snow woman looks stressed. What do you think? Leave me a comment if you like my Snow woman.


7 comments:

Michele Patterson said...

I'm so jealous! Greta & I have been waiting to build a snowman for months now and the snow we do get is never right for packing. Oh well. Yours is pretty cute. Did you name her?

Ron & Laura said...

Aunt Donna, You are one crazy lady! I would tell those amish guys that if the roads are too bad you won't come get them. I mean, risking your life again and again so those guys can get to work! =) Glad you made it though.
I love your snow woman! Its definately a "Donna" work of art! We too would like a little snow to go sledding in, but then it can be 80 degrees after that because I am over winter!
Laura

jo-n-tj said...

Nice one.
She could also be holding a bag of chips or a martini. Or a bowl of mashed potatoes... :) that's my comfort food

jo-n-tj said...

AND i hope it's out by the road, so all your "men" can see it when you take them home tonite. You coulda put a red bra on her.

Anonymous said...

Her own perfect boob job. don't know why she should be stressed!!!

Principal Stocks said...

I definitely think a red bra with her sitting by the road would have been better! She should have been eating cookies and drinking swiss tea.

Christa & Scott said...

Wow. You make me laugh out loud. Only you would go out in the freezing cold to build something that will make everyone driving by look twice. Haha. Glad you're safe!
And I agree with Laura-- next time it's this bad you should just declare a snow day! Or tell one of the Amish men to hook up a sleigh and take his fellow workers himself!
Thanks for the Saturday morning laugh.