Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Taming the Beast!!


Yesterday really was Labor day here. Jim & Mark trimed our hedge out front. We call it the beast because it has gotton so big and it's a real job trimming the thing. At one point it looked like the hedge had a mohawk cut. They got out the trimmer, ladders, rakes and trailer and got the job done in 2 1/2 hours. It's always a relief to have that job done. I helped rake up the trimmings and got the ice tea ready. I slacked alittle on this job. :)

4 comments:

Michele Patterson said...

Whip it good fellas. I am so sorry that i couldn't be part of the beast shaving this year. In fact I am sorry that i have missed out on it for the past three years. I feel really bad. But it looks like a lot of back-ache if you ask me. You Johnston men are real go-git-ers!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Geiser Family said...

Have you heard of a step ladder. The old man looks like he is straining.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Auntie! We had Michele and Jeremy and the little Munchkin over for dinner last night and Michele told me about your blog-- it's such a fun way to keep up! Don't worry, we're taking good care of them out here, but I know they're anxious for your visit. It'll be so fun! Greta is SO close to walking all over the place... I think she's just waiting to show Nana. :) -Christa