Saturday, December 22, 2007

Cookie Day 2007

Last Saturday was Cookie Day at my Dad's with all the sisters and their daughters.
We make tons of cookies. We all bring a large batch mixed up and ready to bake. They have 2 ovens and we keep them both full for the majority of the day. The taste testing is just the best. And of course we had to pose for a group picture.

This is a Santa that I gave my dad, because it just looked like him, especially with the tray full of cookies. He pretty much just hangs around there all day with us. He & Bonnie make all the brown bobbies, then he thinks his job is done. We just call him the Brown Bobbie King.
The cutouts are always fun, and Kayla and Emma were a big help this year.

There is always lots of frosting to be done. Here she is making the cream wafers.By the way, I think those are my favorites. When all is done we probably have close to 1500 cookies. (counting them all)

2 comments:

Mariejo812 said...

Nice post Mom. I'm glad you finally updated! You need to get on Michele to post again:) HeHeHe

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! All those cookies!! And, all your favorite people to do it with. I'll never forget the nice pic and article in Taste of Home one year that Michele submitted!! Way to go Neuies!!--Mama_Rita